Wednesday, July 29, 2015

My First Kumbh Nasik Trimbakeshwar 2002









I had stayed a night before with Shri Vijay Giri Maharaj at his tent at Sadhugram.. I shot a lot of images on slide including the ling kriya etc.. I joined him begging from tent to tent and added all this to my lifes experience ..
But on the day of the Shahi Snan I could not accompany the Nagas to the Trimbakeshwar tank .. so all the roads being closed I managed with great difficulty to enter the tank and was lucky to meet Mr Shyam Manchekar of PSI ..We were together here ..
This was my lifes first Kumbh .. and it took many years after the Nasik Kumbh for Shri Vijay Giri Maharaj to take me into his fold and thanks to him I had one of the best Maha Kumbhs at Allahabad .
Trust Faith are the most important aspect of a relationship.. all these years my Guru never asked me for money , he fed me gave me shelter at Sector 5 Allahabad whatever money I had with me I gave it to him to feed the poor ..I had bought shawls and kambals that I gave to the poor folks sleeping on the banks of the Ganges .
I could have shot much more than I had shot at the banks of the Sangam on Basant Panchami Shahi Snan , but after my dip with the Nagas I left the banks with my Guru.. I have no regrets.. my only wish is to go with him one day to Junagadh to celebrate Maha Shivratri with him ..
"Kailaasarana Shiva Chandramouli Phaneendra Maathaa Mukutee Zalaalee Kaarunya Sindhu Bhava Dukha Haaree Thujaveena Shambho Maja Kona Taaree"

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube