Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Iftar Time Bandra





































I was called by a friend to the Rang Sharda slums ..he has bought a room there with a mezzanine floor ,and I have never been to this slum adjacent to Rang Sharda close to the East Indian heritage Patla Cross ,,and I did not want to take pictures as the entrance to the slums I found a lot of people from the Bandra Bazar who are living with their families in make shift tents , I spoke to a guy , he said the Municipality demolishes it they come back rebuilt it again.
When I entered the slums only a single person can enter or exit , dinghy bylanes and somebody shouted out my name , he is the bearded milkman I meet on my walks once he worked for Tahir Hussain sabs production..father of Amir Khan , he wanted to come and see his room his wife was preparing Iftar ..
I saw my friends room , he helps me out in my tailoring work, he has given the mezzanine floor on rent ..and he once worked at Kuwait with the money he saved he bought a room in the slums in Govandi .. he began working in Mumbai and with a loan from one of his bosses he bought this place in Bandra ,, he stays on rent with his family at Bandra East.
He hails from Gaya in Bihar ,,he bought me out of the slums into an open ground that connects to the Patla Cross and Nargis Dutt slums the garbage dump here was horrendous.
I shot the Patla Cross too...
Than he dropped me at Lal Mitti , I had some work I entered the Indraji Nagar slums , out at Bazar road near Jain Mandir shot a video of the Bhutawala ..I came to Sweet Home Aquarium bought bloodworms for the flowerhorns than went to meet the Ear Cleaners at Bandra Talao..Nabi and Kassim have left for their hometown..the kids are still fishing at the Talao.. hope nobody drowns .
On my way back I shot the food lanes of Bandra Jamatkhana and Iftar stuff , totally packed with Miya crowds ,,than I shot a Sweet Potato guys video came to the Bazar shot Pahelvi and Topaz and City Sweets Iftar items ..
I shot a few beggars too..the girl on the wheelchair I shoot has a drunkard father , so today her younger brother was taking her around ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube