Saturday, July 18, 2015

Eid Ul Fitr Namaz 2015 Bandra Station

Many years back I shot the Azad Maidan namaz too but the feel ambiance that you get at Bandra station is incredible , beggars I shoot every day sitting in good clothes for the namaz..the view of the namaz from the skywalk and most of all meeting my old press photographer friends .. bonding with them .
I miss late Mr Anil Bhatiya who loved shooting here , I miss Mr PK Bhatia and many others ,, there are times I wish I could go some other place shoot the Namaz but Bandra Station pulls me deliriously magnetically ,
There was an incident today between the front row namazis and the media but the cops handled it amicably ,,, and most of the press photographers stand near the front row to shoot the Bandra Poster boys for hugging pictures ,, I shoot them shooting the eid hugging pictures , but move on to catch the beggars pleading for alms after the namaz, and than I cut through Shastri Nagar slums Bandra towards Slaughter house compound Bandra ..I cant resist shooting Muslim beggar ladies with kids and there are hordes of them .. and than I was given sheer korma by some people distributing it on the roads , .. I had not gone for my walk this morning ,, Eid is over now ,,most of the time has gone uploading .. this is a long series I shoot impulsively ,, I shoot from within.. I shoot what others dont see even with their eyes closed ,,
When I reached home drenched in Marziya shot my picture ,,, but before that I had a real good Sheer Korma at a Nagori Milk shop Salim Bhaai of Bazar Road invited me to savor it ,,,
I gave money to the few beggars I knew and than sat begged with a beggar who has a leg afflicted by elephantiasis ,,, he is my very old friend and once beggaed outside Tata Agiary , sitting besides a beggar dressed as I am brings i crowds and they start pouring out money ,,Paisa Phek Tamasha Dekh,,,, Yeh Hai Bambai Meri Jan.
Do beggars celebrate Eid ... Never today is the day they work the hardest , I know most of the Hindu beggars dressed in burkha and I think when we give who really care whether you are Hindu or Muslim.. but mostly Muslims give to Muslim beggars more generously I say this without bias , plain common sense ,,I shot videos ,, and I am in a dilemma to shoot stills or video as there is no retake ,,and I am not as good with videos but I shoot them on my DSLR and mobile phone too.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube