Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Iconic Cross At De Monte Street Bandra







This is a cross that was very close to my old house Kamla Bai Sadan 21 De Monte Street Bandra , and those who passed this cross irrespective of their caste or creed specially the poor the Koli ladie would touch the Lords feet ,,with a single hope that he would bless them and add happiness to their lives ,
I have seen women old distressed talking to Jesus and invoking him , pleading with him to help them in their trials and tribulations ..and there is something about this particular Jesus it seems he listens patiently ..as a photographer I have tried to penetrate the depth of his eternal silence and it is this Jesus I have shot passionately ,,and mind you this is not about religiosity , it is about Faith.. and Faith is common to all of us ,,and Faith builds Trust ,,,Faith heals and comforts ,,
I also bought my granddaughter first Marziya when she was 2 to shoot this Jesus on the Cross and later Nerjis when she turned 2 .. shot Jesus and Nerjis shoots with a kindred attachment to my own vision ,,
Jesus at De Monte Street has seen so much ,, he has seen marriages , births holy communions adoration , he has wept in the rains ,, he has seen death ,, as the hearse passed him by...
And what did he tell the soul on its final journey ,,
My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?
And than comforting the soul a bit further he added
Jesus said , "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube