Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Childrens Garment Stalls At Linking Road Khar



There are so many things we see but never shoot , and I shoot what my heart tells me to shoot I shot roadside dwellings , huts shanties , and they dont exist anymore ,, all demolished but I have those rare pictures the happy times all gone .. Mumbai has no soul it was robbed a stake put in by the Mumbai Municipality  rich peoples dwellings their illegal extension garages turned into shops are ignored , and the poor gets bulldozers even during rains or exam time ,, I thought these shops too might get demolished one day so I shot several pictures like a greedy man and I shoot pictures with the wily mind of Uriah Heep and shooting pictures is not for making money but as a treasure trove of memories ,,

I have so much stuff on negatives slides and my wife curses me throw it in the sea and I am still holding it to give to some curator of Mumbai archives ...but he should give me money that I will give away to the poor children of India .. This is my solemn oath .. despite my own bad times ,, I want no cent of it.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube