Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Banana Seller Has Gone To His Native Place Finally




I had told you about the misfortune of this Muslim banana seller who used to sell bananas on his cart at Bandra Reclamation.

His friend who was to keep his earnings had left for his hometown without informing him causing him lot of grief, he had to cancel his train tickets , and postponed his trip till his friend returned ,, and his daughter is getting married , so he has to go make arrangement but now he will get his daughter married after Ramzan,,

Whil this was being played out , the Municipality confiscated his handcart and took away all his bananas too, he has to pay fines of about Rs 6000 ..he decided to forget the cart and began selling bananas on a small platform on the road ..

But when I shot this yesterday he was happy , his friend had returned his money , and he was catching the evening train.. what made him more happy when both my grandkids met him shook his hands and Nerjis took his picture he blessed them.

And here he touched a raw chord when he said should I bring some toys for your grandchildren from my native place .. they make nice clay toys he told me ,,I thanked him profusely and wished him a safe journey, he has given another friend of his charge of his street stall,, a Mr Khan.

I missed my walk yesterday so I walked about 5 k in the evening at the MET Grounds , and this morning I had to meet a client at Nana Chowk so I did not go for my walk  .

From Nana Chowk I took a bus that takes me through the red light area I shot a lot of frames from the bus I got off at Null Bazar , I bought a few umbrellas for my favorite beggars of Bandra from Chor Bazar.. and all my Chor Bazar friends were happy to see me in the lane next to Chimna Butcher there is a Sunday Flea Market ,, I shot some pictures here .

Than I came to Bhendi Bazar and took a bus home ,,

I just walked another 5 km at the Bandra MET Grounds ..this evening...I bought a raincoat so my mobile phone etc wont get wet ,.


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube