Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Bhaiyya Migrants Of Bandra Bazar Market






I usually pass him when I return from my walk, but this morning I decided to take a short cut to the MET Cricket grounds where I walk, and passed him fast asleep opp the Beef Buffalo market , he works very hard cleaning washing the vegetables mostly gourds that he sells ..I tried to shoot him earlier but it is pretty dark here and this Bandra Bazar Market is a place even God does not come to shop .. 15 years of Congress rule they did nothing .. zilch .In the monsoons it is flooded , it stinks so customers even those who live in Bandra go and shop for vegetables at the roadside market near JJ Colony Bandra .

The fish market is pathetic beams all over might come crashing down one day , the mutton market looks like a dungeon.. mutton held as captive ,,

The beef market , now it is the buffalo meat market , is in bad shape no sales , people have not taken kindly to this new meat ..after the beef ban.

If the earlier satraps wanted it this could have been a nice role model market , I really dont know whether politicians past present have love for this dying town market of Bandra ,, even the newly tarred roads are bad as the chicken trucks that come in drive badly and they park at the garbage dump, the most iconic filthy dump.., English , Danish Australian French American German Italian  photographers including my grandkids Marziya 7 now Nerjis 4 have shot this since the age of 2 .

The Bhaiyyas and the Marathi vegetable sellers share a unique amity ,, and this is extended to both the Muslim mutton beef butchers ,, The Koli ladies too all these 15 years did not  have a ladies toilet and unless the Bandra Municipality is privatized gets a CEO accountability , responsibility this part of Bandra will soon be dead and gone..

I shoot garbage every morning .. my way of remembering the Lord of the Flies ..I only hope there wont be garbage in Paradise , no Bandra Municipality trucks ,, or I will ask to be transferred to Hell otherwise ,,letting my soul be burnt stoically I hope I wont cry ,,,I only hope I dont have to shoot Garbage after I die ...Swach Bharat ,,a  rhetorical chant on a pigsty ,, Sab Ka Sath Sab Ka Vikas a Kick on the Ass .. of the poor the homeless .. the blind beggar guy .. as the lips go dry..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube