Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I Come To Worli Seaface For Work..But Dont Shoot Rainy Day Pictures



I come here very often to meet a client I come by cab via the sea link and again take a cab back home ,, I shoot a few shots from the cab window and the cab driver was telling me this place is jam packed on weekends .

The poor of Worli gaon , Worli slums live cheek and jowl with the super rich ,,as far as sharing the promenade goes ,, and the poor are happy getting wet playing cricket off the saaface ..while the rich walk ,, to lose weight some jog , there are guys showing of their curves on the parallel bars ,,unlike Carter Road and Bandra Bandstand you dont see many Miyas here ,, I maybe wrong I come on weekdays only..

Worli Seaface is nostalgic as I shoot the Marriammen Feast here every year,, once I used to come to Mr Dilip Vengsarkars house but that was a few years back for his trousers and shirts .he was very hospitable  and extremely courteous ..I used to make Mr Sunil Gavaskars suits too a very long time back..

And beyond the  Worli Seaface is Worli Gaon . fishing village I shot the eve of Holi among the Kolis ,, with my friend from Reunion.. The Kolis loved him and were hell bent on treating him to their home made Jambul liuor but my friend politely refused .. The booze that some Kolis brew is impeccable and at Danda a lot of Bollywood stars came in the night to taste and savor it including bombils fried ravas and promfret ,, Koli cuisine is out of this world I know it as I lived at Danpada .

The East Indian Kolis of Vasai Killa Bunder are great hosts and their food is spicy and lip smacking .. I know a family Rudolf my fisherman friend ,

The beauty of a blog unlike a picture of an analogue photographer is not limited to what he shot , the blog raves of stories tidbits anecdotes coherently beyond the picture ,,the blog takes you to unexplored territories and you need to write simply.. to get the message across the other end.

I would be a fish out of water if I tried blogging without a picture the essence of my blog is the content that I shot impulsively maybe accidentally too..I hardly know about SEO shit I dont care a bit about it ,, as long as I am emotionally involved with the train of my thought ,,

So a street shot of the Worli promenade on a rainy day ,, can act as catharsis for the loneliness within the inner angst ,, and strangely when I come to Worli Seaface for work I am formally dressed no sartorial shocks .. no turban no beads no rings and certainly no mystical attitude ,,

After my Canon 60 D got wet in the rains and conked off I am scared to take it out without my umbrella ,, taking out in the raincoat was miscalculated disaster ..but miraculously it recovered and is now in the best of health.


I

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube