Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Only Lady Chaiwali Of Bandra Reclamation Anandiben Daya






Let me introduce you  to the only Chaiwali of Bandra Reclamation Ms Anandiben Daya ,, originally her forefathers were from Rajasthan.

She comes to her tea stall at 4 am an hours rest in the afternoon and she packs up at 11.30 pm.. her clientele pre dominantly are rickshawalas  migrants from UP .. they all call her Mummy ,

In her tea stall is the auspicious picture of the  Dargah of Moinuddin Chishty .. Garib Nawaz ,, this picture blesses her , her husband son and grandson.

She is a Hindu , but that does not matter ,. she says we are all one ,, and we have the same blood ,, most of her clients the te a drinkers are Muslims ,, and they need the utara of her tea first thing in the morning when they emerge from their night long sleep in the rickshas.

I interviewed her this morning on my mobile phone ,, but before I go further I request you to try her tea it is homemade nicely brewed and exhilarating ,

She is the only lady tea seller at Bandra Reclamation off Lal Mitti..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube