Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Lady With Two Faces



I was climbing the mountains barefeet to connect ith the Dam Madar Malangs who park themselves near Taragadh foothills , and I spotted her at first I thought walking up to her and shooting her would be inappropriate but nonetheless i took this shot .. and this is a huge stretch where all the beggars who come to beg during the Ajmer Urus stay in makeshift tents and in deplorable conditions , there is no facility for them but one thing is certain , they get good returns and I am sure they pay protection money to beg without being booked ,,and the beggars at Ajmer are unique in a strange way , they are physically challenged , mentally challenged ,, blind cripple lepers and like the child with no hands ..

Some of the beggars in Ajmer you see them every trip but some just disappear , and the only beggar I interact with is the beggar at Dhai DjinnKa Jhopda with curved bent legs , he has a mobile phone he gave his number but I misplaced it..

At Taragadh too a few km away from Ajmer there are lepers , beggars with open wounds and toddlers begging ...along with monks and mystics ,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube