Friday, March 6, 2015

The Poor Man Will Miss His Beef Paya



This morning there was total silence at the Beef Market of Bandra Bazar Road .. and this image is an old one shot in June 2014 .

I mean now you wont see these images and what happens at Bakra Eid , the poor Muslims who could not afford a goat or a lamb pooled in money to buy a bull and made their sacrificial offerings .


The Muslim bhatiarkhanas , the caterers who took up poor wedding orders for Bade Ki Biryani , will feel the pinch and pain.

I dont eat beef but it does not mean I should be upset if others eat beef , my Christian friends eat pork and it does not matter to me and some of my friends are pure vegetarians but when the visit our homes we make soya bean biryani for them or with jack fruit that appears as mutton ..

I was speaking to a few beef butchers this morning they were all upset with this ban.. today it is beef tomorrow it will be the skullcap our hijab and the azan they will ban that is what the butchers were telling me ,

For them it is hitting them below their belt most of them will be rendered unemployed jobless .. like the ban on bardancers ,, but this ban has a political overtone by a Hindu RSS color to a ban that affects all Muslims Dalits Christians and poor tribals too.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube