Friday, March 6, 2015

The Ear Cleaners Of Bandra Talao Facing A Grim Future



This was shot a year back and my grand daughter was 2 year old , she shot the ear cleaner but she was more interested in feeding the pigeons ,, and now as the Bandra Talao is going to be renovated what happens to the ear cleaners and the pigeons.

According to Mohomed Kassam ear cleaner he has been cleaning ears here since 40 years and he says the Municipal officials have asked him to go go back to his hometown..and he is not alone there are three more ear cleaners and this is the only profession they know .

And why is it that progress and development is hitting the underbelly of the Muslim poor ,, surprises me this morning I saw the butcher helpers looking at a life without hope after the Beef Ban.

And today the busy beef market looked like a morgue .. no activity no beef.and I dont know what the future holds for them.

But the butchers are a huge well organized body , with maximum political patronage and support but what about these poor Muslim ear cleaners ,, cleaning ears for Rs 20 ..

This is their last stand and I shot this video last evening.

ear cleaners 

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube