Wednesday, March 4, 2015

For 40 Years Mohomed Kassam Has Been Cleaning Ears At Bandra Talao



There are two seniors both at each end both Muslims , the third ear cleaner is younger he was my first friend and I ha shot him many times at Bandra Bazar.

The seniors know me and allow me to shoot their pictures at work at the Bandra Talao.

Mohomed Kassam has a grown up son and a grandson both come to see him at work ,,and this humble old man is staring at dark and bleak future as with the renovation of the Bandra Talao  they might have to move out from here away from their regular clientele and hunt for customers on the move ,, in the various bylanes of Bandra or in the slums.

I come here when I get off from the bus at the Bandra Talao bus stop and if I see them with a customer I begin shooting them on my mobile phone ..this was the first time I got good closeups .

And the Municipal officials want them to get the fuck out of here go back to their hometowns as one of them told me full of pain .and fear of being uprooted from this iconic location.

The earcleaners of Bandra Talao are more famous than the earcleaners from other areas of Mumbai.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube