Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Sandal Of Hazrat Syed Haji Abdul Rehman Shah Baba






This is a photo frame of the iconic Holy Saint Of Dongri I shot at a shop when I came here the second time on 2 March to shoot the Sandal procession .. where my Rafaee friends were going to take part in Zarb body piercing acts ..

The new Murshad is Mashouk Ali Baba the youngest son of late Sikandar Wali Baba ..and he now is in charge of the Chancawali Rafaees I have been documenting for over 15 years.

The main exponent of Zarb is the incredible Chalak Ali . I was wrongly informed that the Sandal will start at 3 pm , and it actually started after 7.30 pm well managed and organized by an influential famous devotee of Syed Haji Abdul Rehman Shah Baba .. Yusuf Bhai his son , brothers and a dedicated group of volunteers.

This was a huge sandal well decorated bullock carts ,DJ and musicians performers and the works , fireworks ,,

I shot the zarb and because of the diabetic wound on my leg left early taking a train to Bandra from Sandhurs Station and also shot a Palki of a Hindu Goddess of the followers from Ratnagiri.

Two sides of a coin Sufism and Hinduism living amicably side by side at Dongri.. and Dongri is also known as Imam Hussain Chowk.. the harbinger of Peace Hope Humanity.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube