Tuesday, February 24, 2015

You Can Only Visit Those Places You Were Destined To Visit



This sleepy town is called Vijapur in Gujrat .
I did no know anyone in this town.. I came here by cosmic accident .

I met a Malang at Makanpur tall hefty huge Amin Malang and he was from the Sufi sect called Madarriya that I was documenting .and it was my first trip to Makanpur.. Holy Shrine of Zinda Shah Madar
.
My connection with Makanpur was very new I came here because   my Belgian friend Marc Malang was going to be here ..and this was during the Urus of Zinda Shah Madar 2013 ,
Amin Baba is the head of Sultan Shah Baba of Vijapur Mehsana district , he invited me and told me all the Malangs were going to be coming here .. so he dangled a carrot and I came here to shoot the Malangs .

No Malang turned up and so I shot this town graveyard ,the people and decided to leave for Mumbai via Unava  I ended up shooting the most iconic spiritual hospital called Meera Datar Dargah .. famous for exorcising demons and I shot and documented my stay for a day .. I left for Mumbai the same day.

So every picture however silent it is has a story to tell ,,,
Amin Malang calls me from Vijapur reminding me the people of Bijapur have not forgotten me ,, but I dont think I will be going there and might meet Amin Malang at Makanpur if I go there this year ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube