Monday, February 23, 2015

The Ragpickers of Bandra Reclamation And My Diabetic Dilemma




Assuming they begin scavenging garbage sites in the night for plastic items , booze bottles cardboard and electrical wire metal pipe that fetches good money in the bhangar ,name for the guys who buy their stuff they come and sleep here on their sacks,.. I have been seeing them regularly on my morning walks .
And though most of them are drugaddicts knows as gardalus , they do a good job a better job than the  uniformed Municipal staff ..
And  they earn about Rs 250 to 300 per day, no house , they sleep on the roads and the money a bit for food bathing in the public toilets the rest I assume goes on their drugs.

And it is a sad tale of drug abuse , some thrown out of homes no rehabilitation , and no redemption from their sudden fall to Hell.

And I shoot them in such a manner with my mobile phone , rapidly so as not to wake them up and get into a street squabble ... most of these guys are hyper violent by nature think society is their worst enemy..

This morning I left home at .6.12 I reached the end of Bandra Reclamation where a lady lights two lamps every morning , on the way a tree had fallen blocking the road but it matters not.
I was at the Bandra MET Gates at 6.45 am .. took my 11 rounds and than came to the Gen Arun Kumar Vaidya park that is used as gym by the locals for free hand exercise ..I did some exercise and moved out after a few minutes via the Bandra Masjid lane taking a short cut from the Beef Market of Bandra Bazar ...

I was home by 8 am... and I wish I had been serious about walking but I was a total couch potato , hooked to the net by my balls .. no exercise no physical activity to speak of.
I only hope I dont give it up today was my 14 day of walking.

At home I have been taking a concoction  called Paneer Phool, it is wild fruit , tiny with a skin , that my wife peels about 6 and soaks it overnight , and it is bitter I have this every morning .This Paneer Phool is sold at Kalidas at Bandra Bazar Road he says it controls Diabetes and cost Rs14 for 100 grams .It has to be taken for 2 months to get positive results .

Kalidas is a 100 year or more provision store at the Bazar and has herbal medication for stomach problems ulcers and best place for home remedies .

My sons are taking Ojamin a pancreatic tonic every morning on an empty stomach it costs about Rs 540 and is available at Bandra Medical stores Hill Road . Mr Nair says that Salman Khans staff Danish a diabetic has been taking Ojamin and stopped his other diabetic medications and Salmans dad Salim Khan Sab also recommends Ojamin I am told .

I had been taking it too , but now I am trying Paneer Phool I find it cheap and best...but I take my other diabetic medicine too. I was on  Insulin a few years back but I gave it up..

My blood sugar report
28 December 2014  fasting 178 post lunch 275

Than I fell sick had a diabetic wound viral infection bordering on bronchial asthma .. I took my blood sugar again in Jan 2015

16 Jan 2015  fasting  193 post lunch 342
Dr RD Parmar changed my medication and I began walking from 10 Feb 2015 I shall take my blood sugar test on 10 March to see if there has been any improvement ,,but I do feel it in my body and mind ,,,ever since I began walking.

And so two ragpickers can become an inspiration of a personal blog..on health  and diabetes..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube