Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Umbrella Lady Of Bandra Reclamation Died Unsung





I documented the life of this homeless lady who sat her life under an umbrella , protecting her from the harsh rays of the sun or the heavy monsoons  she survived most of the seasons , and strangely her entire life I never saw her stand or walk... she just sat . I caught her bathing one day ,  sitting washing her self with her skirt raised to her chest.

Would she have survived this winter 13 C I dont know , but she died silently , the tea stall lady where she sat told me the municipal hearse took her corpse away ,, now there is a soundless void where she sat.

My grandkids gave her the money they saved for her in their piggy banks and my grandkids shot her too, she touched them with hope she touched them with compassion.

And such are stories woven as images by the cosmic camera ..I do miss shooting her .. and this is a very old picture of hers .. I never heard her talk her entire life was speechless remorse .. but she lived died on her own terms .. without being a burden on anyone else .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube