Friday, January 9, 2015

Fresh Bombil Curry With White Vinegar





Our family cook  loves fish and this morning I was at the Bandra Bazar fish market I bought two surmais small size for Rs 220 after much haggling , but it was 10. am so she gave it to me it was her first sale the Kolis call it Boni.

As I was stepping out I saw this Gujrati lady selling fresh bombils Bombau ducks I bought a dozen for Rs 40 medium juicy size .

At home wife began to crib as there is Gol and Tuna that I had bought earlier ..

However the bombils were made  without removing the water no oil , just masala and white vinegar for the tangy taste no lime ,,

I had it for lunch though I would have preffered  to eat it with Brun  I ate i with fresh made chapatis and as I took my first bite I remembered Foodie Assad Dadan.. and thought of making him jealous with envy..  he shoots food but never shares it with me ha ha

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube