Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Muslim Beggar Lady of Bandra Bazar




I shot her this morning and after many years spoke to her , I told her to wait as I changed my big note and offered her some  rupees , I realized she stays at Lal Mitti , maybe and this is hypothetical she wants to supplement  her family's meager earnings so she has taken to begging..

I as a rule principle I hardly talk to the people I shoot , I shoot them  clinically as street subjects , and let the viewer decide but  sometimes I try to break my own rule I asked her name but I forgot it the moment she walked away from my view I had taken two shots at Bandra Reclamation,

And honestly it is a sad life , perhaps her family depends on what she brings and I am sure people give her generously she is a very quiet grand mother like .

After I shot her I walked till Bandra SV Road , I had to meet my beef butcher , to buy beef heart for Marziyas flowerhorn, and it is fresh out here in Bandra Slaughter House slums .Beef is the main staple meat here and it costs Rs 200 per kg, the beef heart costs Rs 100 a kg, but after he removes the fat I have about 600 gms though I paid him for a Kg,

Than I bought it home added some becosules and minced it in the grinder at home ,,

On my way back from the Slaughter House slums , some tailoring work and I cut across Bandra SV Road signal and walk home through JJ Colony a predominantly Muslim market area very different and more crowded than Bandra Bazar due to Ramzan, here there are chicken shops ,mutton shops , a beef shop near Noorani Masjid and huge number of moving Muslim beggars .

The ones who sit and beg are in the JJ Colony lane that exits out towards the MTNL Reclamation main road .

Shooting on the mobile phone does not get me stares , otherwise some smartalecks pass abusive comments and these are the Rowdy Miyas of Bandra in skin tight jeans tight fit shirts ,,and there are those Miyas who think that they are doing a great favor by fasting for God , they love to fight get into an argument , now all the street vendors know me and I pass by peacefully ,

I have no friends I stay too myself , I prefer it that way

At home it is listening to the chatter of all three grand kids , feed their birds fishes till I get a call for work...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube