Sunday, July 20, 2014

I Used To Once Hate Guys Shooting On Their Mobile Phones




Earlier I used a Blackberry , though I did take a few street shots with it I was never happy , using a phone as a camera .
For me the Camera was God , his cosmic eye that made me see the world without blinkers without bias without opinionated gibberish .

But carrying the camera everywhere got tiring , and having shot more than 300000 images I started getting bored , I have two cameras I have hardly used the Canon 7D that was a gift , I use the Canon 60D that was a gift from a friend to Marziya my grand daughter .

Recently my eldest son presented me the Motorola G and I liked it , he synced it with Flickr so I got all my shots saved on the camera and at Flickr too  only hitch I had to make them public before they could be seen by anyone else ,,I shoot shit , literally without composition , without aesthetics , the little aesthetics you see is in the processing tool I use Aviary within Flickr to make my color images black and white , simple and as I type with one finger of a permanently damaged hand easy too.

This year I hardly shot any subject of importance , I have not been a very happy soul for personal reasons ,,and of late I let Nerjis Asif Shakir shoot the religious events around Bandra .

She is an avid learner , remembers everything , hates me when I try to assist her .she knows how to hold the camera the first lesson of photography, anyone can click a picture but when a child takes a picture I fervently believe it is God doing the needful call me crazy I wont hold it against you and  now you know why I will never ever allow my grand kids to joina camera club and get brainwashed into shooting the same shit everyone churns out , the same fucked lighting , the same fucked emotionless pictures , see a camera club salon and you know what I am saying , there is no effort to change and never will be with old farts calling the shots , fresh blood will never be infused stupid rules color wheel and what not..

I miss the roll era , but than I am happy shooting on the digital , I am not a fine art photographer actually I am not a photographer at all I just hold the camera and let it shoot what it wants to shoot with a little help from my clicking finger .
And the analogue camera guy who has just moved to cyberspace is so scared that someone will steal his pictures the huge ugly watermarks on pictures even a cow would hesitate to piddle on.. and this is not conceit but reality ..and I hope a few of my friends take this in the right spirit .

Analogue photographers hate to be called bloggers , it is an insult to their integrity and their bold faced attitude , and analogue photographers barring a few those with  dog like string of degrees against their names have a might attitude .. and than I wonder happily that I was lucky to fly the cuckoos nest , my camera club introduced me to a world and once I came on the net I left it behind completely I was baptized by Biz Stone and others as a Blogger ,, a photoblogger ,and they took me a step ahead of photography , I could add my thoughts as corollary to my picture and without my cyber adventures at Buzznet Blogspot , Webshots Fothing Xanga I would have never reached the safe shores of Flickr ,

Everyone I knew used Flickr as a photo gallery I used it to blog , all my blogs originate at Flickr but some of late originate at Facebook.
I dont wont ever use Wordpress ..

I have several blogs on Blogspot , I gave up my Hijra blog domain and site too ,all this now exists at Flickr as my private blogs .

My grand daughters both Marziya Shakir and Nerjis have their Flickr handles , Twitter handles Blogspots and Facebook too , I deactivated their Facebook accounts till they come of age.

So I now use the Motorola G to shoot my restless street angst while my grand daughters use the DSLR .

And last but not the least I now reblog most of my posts from Flickr to Tumblr I think Tumblr will be the next big thing one day ,,Ms  Marissa Mayer has a Golden Touch ,,A billion dollar touch if I may say so ,,

And if you love poetry , think as a poet mind you street photography becomes easy the camera becomes a timeless magic wand.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube