Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Dabbawalas At Anna Hazare Rally Azad Maidan


I stay away from political rallies , I have shoot the Dance of Democracy in my area during last Assembly elections , as I got good street shots of paid volunteers , they were the only one that loved elections getting Rs 500 and biryani to be part of crowd , and they were like junior artistes games for any party.

But the Dabbawalas stood solidly behind Anna Hazare and India Against Corruption Movement  this was the first time they took a holiday for a cause in 120 years 5000 dabbawalas at this protest and today I confess I came to Azad Maidan to shoot the Dabbawalas and got attracted to the Movement and shot the rallies at Bandra and Juhu .

I met the Dabbawalas , their humble leaders , and the footsoldiers , and this Dabbawala presence was a forerunner , that a government that turns its back on its citizen has to fall and like Humty Dumpty they fell.. and all the kings horses all the kings men could not put Humpty Dumpy together again..

And I am revisiting my Dabbawala set at Flickr extending its shelf life by tweaking the poetry of my thoughts as a street photographer ,, no Iam in no mood to move my ass to go to Minara Masjid or Bohri Mohalla to shoot the same thing over and over again as my over observant wife says.

I am happy others are shooting the food lanes and the glory of Ramzan..


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube