Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bandra Is A Safe Haven For Muslim Beggars



And you dont need to be a Muslim wear a skull cap a chequered scarf or a hijab or a head scarf and you share in the bounty of  Ramzan , and I hate to say this we have been brainwashed by society our parents to some extent , Muslims normally give generously to Muslim beggars , and this bias is inbuilt..

I once saw a huge group of Muslim beggars outside the Wodehouse Church and here the Christian gives in the name of Jesus without breaching caste color or creed .

On the day of Eid at Bandra station an entire group of tribal beggars I know very well cover themselves in hijab and share in the spirit of Ramzan Mubarak.

And perhaps if I was more educated I could have done a thesis on beggars but beggars are human they have needs wants and aspiration .. you wont be surprised if you see the yuppy beggar kids wit mobile phone hitting away on Whats Up.. Unbelievable .!

Beggars to have come a long way , I was once introduced to a very rich builder from a distant suburb, highly generous , wife  decked in glimmering gold.. and my host told me that once upon a time he begged at Mahim dargah, he became a police informer and life took a complete turn..

He is a staunch believer of the Mahim Saint Makhdhoom Shah Baba and believes the Saint made him a rich man overnight , he feeds beggars too..

So there are lots of beggar tales , how many film producers must have become beggars in the olden days lost everything ,deserted by friends family even wife left them to marry the financier I am told .


And people look down us for shooting beggars , and there are those mother fuckers among the Miyas who will taunt you for shooting beggars and not paying them I have heard much vile stuff but it did not stop me from shooting beggars and narrating the plethora of their painful existence be it through pictures.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube