Monday, June 30, 2014

Ramzan Ka Chand Badliyon Main Chupa Tha



phir mudat bad
nazar aya ,garib
ne hath phailaya
khuda ne amir
ke ghar se garib
ke ghar khana
bhijwaya ..
lo ramzan mubarak aya
ramzan mubarak aya

Ramzan is hope for beggars , and Muslim beggars like this bountiful month , I remember a beggar lady once told me why cant Ramzan last forever ,, the values of Ramzan should last forever , charity piety devotion dedication ,,

But Ramzan time you will find cheats with tiffin boxes , tempos blaring for charity and guys in skull caps knocking your door for Chanda Donation.. there may be a few genuine souls but very few ,,

And I shot captured the holistic power of this Holy Month , and this picture was shot on the first day of Ramzan many years back but does it matter and Marziya is now 6 ..it is her sister Nerjis soon to be 3 who shoots Muslim Beggars of Bandra.

I have cut down on shooting the foodlanes of Bandra hence I clubbed all my Ramzan sets like a collection from 2007 to 2014....

Ramzan is about the glimmer in a beggars eye , give food ration to a poor Muslim family in the slums and you have added hope and a smile on the receivers face.

And the biggest irony is those Muslims Non Muslims rushing to gobble Ramzan delicacies at Minara Masjid and the beggars watching you greedily ,,,even left over food for them is a feast ,, and once I broke my fast with beggars with this food and realized that the fasting stomach is happy adjusted to whatever it gets ,, Rizak that is what the Muslims call it..
The Beggar considers Alms Barkat his efforts Rozi..

Bara Handi , Nali Nihari , and Korma Paya for you but the beggar is happy with whatever is thrown in his beggars bowl.

So shooting beggars in Ramzan is shooting God in disguise ,,
I maybe wrong you maybe right ,,,it all comes down to that hungry bite ,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube