Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Beggars Bowl



ngawangchodron has sent you a message on Flickr.
Subject: I read this passage from Tagore and immediately thought of you
Date: 22nd January, 2014

I LIVED ON THE shady side of the road and watched my neighbours' gardens across the way reveling in the sunshine.
I felt I was poor, and from door to door went with my hunger.
The more they gave me from their careless abundance the more I became aware of my beggar's bowl.
Till one morning I awoke from my sleep at the sudden opening of my door, and you came and asked for alms.
In despair I broke the lid of my chest open and was startled into finding my own wealth.


thank you lotus
a born beggar
i am..caught
in a vortex
of confusion
chaos like
traffic jam
overcrowded
emotions
poetically
posturing
as positive
spam..light
shade contrast
my lifes bubble
held as histogram
begging with beggars
at holy shrines
my mind re programmed
life is nothing..a moment
held to the destiny of
of the gasping breath
of a sacrificial lamb

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube