Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Doing The Kaif With The Siddis Of Junagadh at Mahim Urus


Kaif is a spiritual Sufi trance and it occurs suddenly , certain beats of the drum hypnotize you on the spot ,you go into fits , in a serious way it is these beats that cause Hazri, or an outside source enters your mind and consciousness .. for me the chant of Ali , or words to that effect push me to the brink, I lose all my senses , and sometimes have fainted on the streets during Urus time at Sandal processions ,, I have fallen on the floor with my camera , on my head , and lived to tell the tale , on one such Sandal procession a Rafaee went into a trance slashing the blade of his sword againt my stomach , tearing my tshirt but nothing happened to me than he burst out into tears and hugged me like his long lost brother ..
The Siddi beats of the drums can overpower you completely as it happened with me here I had given my camera to a friend who shot these pictures matter of fact without my knowledge ..
Now that I have become a Dam Madar Malang I have seen some strange things occurrences at Makhanpur the Holy Shrine of Zinda Shah Madar and the Dhamal where all this takes place ...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube