Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Documenting The Siddis Of Junagadh Gujrat - The Forgotten Race


I shot the Siddis for several years , mostly at the Urus of Makhdhoom Shah Baba Mahim.. and at the Urus of Haji Malang Baba..a friend of mine Altaf Siddi who works as an actor in Bollywood , wanted me shoot them in their forest surroundings and at the various Dargahs they patronize but lack of time and financial shortcomings for this venture , did not materialize.. and frankly who really cares in India ... each one is selfish to his own needs and wants ..we as bloggers , have tried to shoot pictures show you the various ethnic groups but then the New Flickr rules stopped us midway, the closure of Pro Gift at Flickr hit me too as a few friends paid for my Pro membership and I could post pictures unlimited , now no more and several appeals in this regard to Ms Marissa Mayer have not borne fruit..

So there is less documentation of races such as these or others ..I hope they make positive changes that help us all constructively ,,,Flickr is one of the best photo management sites in the world ,, and you are connected to the finest best photographers bloggers too..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube