Friday, October 4, 2013

Pitru Paksh 2013 Banganga Walkeshwar


I got up early , but was not in a mood to shoot this event , as I was not feeling to well and going to town barefeet was bringing out negatives excuses. but I put everything aside and went to shoot this event I am shooting since 2004 .

I took a train and than a share a cab from Grant Road to Banganga via Girgaum Chowpatty ..Teen Batti and began shooting the barbers ,,the North Indian Brahmins come here to pay tribute to their dead ancestors ..they has a ceremony of religious tonsure and than prayers on the banks of the Banganga and the Visarjan of the puja items on leaves .

I shot the rituals I shot from a boat thanks to the volunteers who know me and than shot the entire tank barefeet later I left with Pratik shooting the beggars and the barbers again..

This is my new set at Flickr.com and I survived a serious accident along with my friend Pratik Koli.. I was blessed by the Hijra who visits Banganga every year .. and than took a train back home from Grant Road.. I met my friend Bipin Kokate and Yogendar ,,,

A few barbers from Bandra were here too, but they were here since last night..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube