Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Once Upon A Time At Banganga - Dobara



Earlier I wore saffron generously ,but I stopped wearing it completely since 2011 when I took up the oath of becoming a Dam Madar Malang.. and again the sartorial change is more because of my Shia background I never forgot Moharam or Karbala and my black clothes and my bleeding head on Ashura are a testimony and a protest against hate oppression and persecution of our community ...

I am anything but a bigot I am a Shia a Muslim but I am at core human Indian my upbringing my parentage , my upbringing made me what I am a ,, I am a photo blogger journalist and a poet of sorts.,blogging did not give me money or financial comforts ,, I am not a professional blogger or photographer.. I am a tailor ,, I tailor thoughts to suit the mind of nothingness ,,, I promote the souls sartorial serenity ,, these are pictures of Pitru Paksh shot in 2010. and I continued my fascination with Banganga , bald heads and barbers and beggars ..

I once had a fascination of shooting transgender I cut it down ,,, I shoot them only for myself..

Shiasm I shot to show our pain to non Muslims or foreigners mostly those who were curious to know why we bleed .. now I shoot this twice a year during Ashura or Chehlum I stopped shooting this in Mumbai completely,,, could not find the necessary congenialty as a photographer and even as a Shia .. so I distanced myself.. I shoot other religious feasts .. I dont sell my pictures my camera is not for hire it does not and wont take orders from others ..
I pay for my internet time ,I avoid debates dialogues against any religion.. if I get a hateful comment I use the block tool.. you add me at your own risk.. dont like what I shoot move on or at Facebook remove me from your feeds.. or from your friends list simple.

I am not into politics ,, I vote ..I shoot Bandra where I stay the garbage overflowing bad roads bad everything missing Municipal Corporator who has no time for people who voted for him and his party.. this time we have decided to use the right to reject button it will be a humble beginning.. of not taking shit lying down.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube