Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Zanjeer

Zanjeer by firoze shakir photographerno1
Zanjeer, a photo by firoze shakir photographerno1 on Flickr.



This is penance , this is weight carried permanently by the body , a tribute to the Fourth Imam Zainul Abedin by a Sunni born in memory of the tribulations the sickly bedridden Imam suffered during the genocide at Karbala , the burning of the tents the huger thirst of the children , and this was the old Islamic way of punishment with no remorse no humanity this was oppression by the dastardly Yazid , father of modern Terrorism.. and such was his character that no one stood up to him ,save the grandson of the Holy Prophet Imam Hussain.

So Zanirwale Bawa , Monk in chains walks through life carrying all this , the body chains are removable but the ones on his hands legs are welded forever ,.. he does not bathe at all, but he is fresh as dew everyday..if he hits his head against the wall the fragrance of roses emanates the air .

But there are others who carrying chains on their bodies as penance but without the .spiritual memory like Zanjirwale Bawa Of Indore.

Can you imagine climbing the Haji Malang mountains with 80 kilos of welded steel attached to your body .. but this happens only in India the land of spiritual surprises and mysticism.

Now those from the other end of the spectrum , wont end understand this , this could be understood if you have lived in India ..

I have been lucky to meet such people personalities in my limited travels , I hate texting I type with one finger but some pictures need explanations ...so this it .. please dont ask me why I shoot what I shoot.. I was destined to shoot ,,, what you were not destined to shoot..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube