Monday, September 2, 2013

The World Of Rafaees At Sola Khamba Jalali Chowk


The first time I came to Ajmer Sharif was in 2005 , I was invited by Peersaab Fakhru Miya Hujra No6 ,, and he was gracious enough to make me at home treating me as one of his extended family ,,

And I shot Ajmer as it grew on me I shot it as a street photographer , so my pictures can never be touristy in nature I shot malangs rafaees beggars and the transgender community ,,,and being known among all of them it gave me access .. but than rules changed , photography was not allowed in the Dargah so I never shot the Dargah interiors.. and it used to be ironically confusing that I am a lover of Ajmer Sharif ,, its symbolism of peace hope humanity as promoted by Kwajah Garib Nawaz.

Time being short , I hardly saw other places but if I had time I would visit Pushkar ,,, I could not make it this year .. I walk barefeet so I have to be careful too .. I am a diabetic .

Ajmer I visit only during the Urus , though Peersab calls me for Moharam too, but I prefer shooting Moharam in Hyderabad..

Most of the Urus in Mumbai happen during Moharam so I am unable to take part in the festive aspect as I am in mourning for Imam Hussain.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube