Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Lady With Two Faces



I met her while walking up the mountains to meet Dam Madar Baba Wahid , and I took a few shots , I was barefeet , so the terrain being rough , it gets difficult shooting pictures .. and she is a Muslim beggar...her distortion earns her a living she has children too I cropped from this frame.. this is portraiture of pain...bound to a cosmic chain.. ayn ..

At Ajmer and Tarahadh I have shot pain ,
the humility of pain , its quivering turbulence ..
why are people born like this i wonder
makes no sense..images that move me
as a poet a camera and a lens now
as a poem i try to pen ..sitting on a fence
my pictures are a story board ..painful
intense .. i was destined to shoot
without fear or consequence ..
i stand moderated in my defense

dedicated to my good friend John Dixon 'Howling Ayn,,
who left this world as it was too small for his achievements .
the whirling derveshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube