Sunday, September 8, 2013

I try to shoot the soul of a man in pain



I lay on my back to take part in his ritual.. and I have taken a vow to pierce my cheeks , somehow it does not happen as the discipline to undertake this ritual is very strict ..

And I shall do it to show my solidarity to the Tamil Hindu , a race I have immense respect , they have treated me as their own.. but there are some issues I have to resolve before I partake it as humanbeing .. this is nothing to with religion , only my faith my spiritual endurance not bound to narrow mindedness or bigotry ,,, and I want my best friend Dr Glenn Losack to shoot my ordeal of pain , pain that I live with , pain that lives with me as my ancestral birthright..

Marriammen feast is a Tamil right of passage I shoot every year ..I try not to miss it , I shoot it barefeet and this year I shot at Juhu and Madraswadi Worli.

Davendra from Juhu Nehru Nagar is my best friend he pierces the rods and removes them too.

Shanmugham does it at Worli and both invite me much in advance no last minute calls ,, I go prepared mentally , physically ..

The strange anomaly of life people like my pictures of all faith but when it comes to pictures of my faith , pictures of blood gore Moharam than they get upset uneasy, and it makes no sense shooting blood in black and white ,,,and I have cut down Moharam .. just two main events out of Mumbai.. now because of storage problems at Flickr I shoot less , I resize my pictures through Fotosizer and than upload the same I shoot RAW and JPEG..

I would love to shoot film but it is sheer waste of time headache and burden on a empty pocket of a beggar poet ..

I love shooting the Malang documentary , and if I have money time I shall once again go back to Makanpur for the Urus of Zinda Shah Madar ,,

I love shooting the bullock cart races at Alibagh and Murud Janjira .

I love shooting beggars .. being a photographer was not enough I have imparted this creative art to my grandchildren too.. hoarding an Art makes no sense if you dont share it with others .

I used to love shooting Hijras transgender I have cut that down too ...no passion no interest at all..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube