Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Nations Flag...



its pride
its destiny
held by a
child of
the future
already
in rags
my nations
flag hoisted
by some
who after
becoming
leaders netas
have robbed
pillaged
her soul..made
her an old hag
hands tied
ripped whipped
gagged
my nations flag
watches silently
as the corrupt
scamsters
convicted
join the
bandwagon
get elected
moneybags
from different
parties but one
agenda as they
laugh and brag
criminally politicize
the soul of humanity
from a pedestal
into the the dark
shadows of
isolation
she is dragged
my nations flag
only remembered
by poor children
on independence
republic day as
they sell it to
a lady waiting
in the wings
with a handbag
more statues
in a garden
with elephants
running zigzag

the tragedy
of my nations flag

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube