Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Colors of Holi Shot By Marziya Shakir 3 Year Old

The sad thing about camera clubs is that almost everyone wants to be recognized as stalwarts of photography , almost everyone thinks he is promoting photography by having his pictures displayed on a wall of fame ,,

I felt and I still feel seniors should go to schools colleges give free demonstration , with collaboration of a school or college and this would mean creating new photographers , those who dont know about their inherent skills I voiced this many a time but people thought I was crazy .. because I dress up crazily,,,

The one man who has the same inclinations of promoting photography like me at grass root level is Shreekant Malushte.. teaching kids photography at Dharavi is noble but they dont even know where the next meal is coming from its like me teaching photography to beggars ,, I instead taught them how to think constructively and try to get out of this vicious circle of beggary..

My grand daughters are never going to become photographers per se .. their parents are conservative and will soon opt and distance them from male society.. once they grow a bit older ,,they are not my kids anyway .
But through the camera I showed them life pain , much before it ever visits them as a moment in life .. in life everything is possible.

So I am lucky my grand kids will never be part of camera culture they get the best lessons in life shooting the streets learning charity humility and when guest photographers like Glenn Losack Marc De Clercq Jean Marc kim Viola visit my house and other Indian photographers too ..

And I thought I should blog this ,,, my third grand kid Zinnia Fatima will shock you with her hold on the camera .. none of my grand daughters take the camera without putting the strap of the camera round their necks themselves.

We are street photographers the only text book that is theory practicals and life all in one ,,,

But without my photo gurus all of them I would have not reached this far..

I met all of them in a camera club.. I have nothing against camera clubs only the regressive nature of their traditions and culture that should be thrown out of the window.. photography has changed it has evolved and the mobile phone has changed it further .. I take a bow.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube