Friday, June 28, 2013

Beggar Poets Are Born Not Made ..Die Each Day Dont Fade



words by benthehouse

words that embark
on a voyage of the soul
entwined like wind and rain
they try
but fail
to explain
the frustration
the gain
the loss
the pain
attempting to regain
those heady heights
of darkened rooms by candle light
exquisite flesh draped in shadow
no longer my guest
at my bequest
and yet
something remains


my friend words are free, they come and go as they please
they drift among the trees and whisper in the grass
they remind us of who we are, constant through time
we are just their vessels, some are full and overflowing
some are empty but never knowing, without regret
to decline I would suffer, as a rainbow without colour
ours is the chance to convey thoughts that come our way
like mist or ocean spray, and with luck, linger more than a day
etched upon the immortal rock, of this tiny planet earth.

www.flickr.com/photos/benthehouse/

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube