Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Plight of Beggars At The Maha Kumbh



Most of the beggars of India from all over the country converge at the Kumbh , as there is food everywhere at the Akhadas being distributed through the day , there is water , and nooks , corners to sleep, under the bridge or make shift beggar colonies on the outskirts of the ghats .

Money Alms is certain , people give generously for seeking salvation... kids get good money and the foreigners give abundantly , though they give more to shoot the naked naga babas on the road to the ghats.

The Naga Babas make money , and are on display no sartorial constrains..

A few foreigners gave me money too thinking I was a Baba but wondered why I was overdressed in clothes ... The money I got from begging with my Guru I handed over to my Guru..

I ate leftover food , and relearnt the meaning of Humility and Humanity.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube