Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The World of Sadhus Maha Kumbh



He is a Grahst Sadhu, a sadhu with family , wife children , grand children all living in a tent at Sector 5 close to the tent where I lived with my Naga Sadhu Shri Vijay Giri Maharaj Maha Kumbh,,

He left early in the mornings to assist devotees with rituals at the Sangam or the other various ghats at Allahabad.

It amazed me he was cheerful, but got angry when others who came to live in our commune dirtied the common toilet we shared .. he loved cleanliness .

He enjoyed my taking his pictures but insisted I come to his tent and shoot his Goddess Durga.

These are memories of the Maha Kumbh shot in color that I am processing as monochrome through a Flickr helpful application Aviary.. at first I did not like it but I am getting used to it, it makes my work easier and gives a new dimension to my color picture both as poetry or as thought.. reworked .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube