Thursday, January 17, 2013

This Is a Typically Mumbai Attitude .. Fuck The World


If anyone understands Mumbai better than anyone else it is eminent columnist Mr Ayaz Memon.. we once met outside my old shop , close to his Bandra house , that time I was taking baby steps from photography to blogging ..

And Mumbai is an enigma I say with pictures as I am not good with words and it is tough I type with one finger cant see without glasses and suffer from diminishing eyesight .. luckily I shoot pictures with my eyes closed I dont compose I dont follow the beaten path of fucked Renascence pompous assholes who fucked the vision and the visionary till Armageddon.

I would still be shooting pictures even if I did not have a camera, I was gifted with the humility of an observant eye and Dickens Balzac Dostoevsky made me a street photographer ..my favorite writer was George Gissing New Gru Street and all the wisdom I got was sitting with frends junkies homos at the archives of Elpihinstone College ..we were the washed out ones the brilliant ones like Malvika Sanghvi others sat across on the brightly lit benches acroos the doomed archives ...Eliot saved us.. to some extent and Ravi Saran and Dhiren Bhagat..

I miss both of them Ravi Saran it alleged was murdered his chopped up body thrown in a garbage chute.. and I miss my visits to his house at Metropolitan at Bandra Pali Hill.

Ravi and I visited the whorehouses too but Ravi ended up chatting with the same whores I was screwing we were young and this was one way out to becoming men.. and our friends those days were rowdy kids from Third Pasta lane ...

Too many memories I wish I had shot pictures then...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube