Monday, December 3, 2012

My Leg Was In Very Bad Shape


I had shot the funeral cortege of Shree Balasaheb Thackeray in Mumbai and aggravated my leg injury, I mostly walk barefeet and a few days back a rusty nail had entered my feet in the dark, I took a septic shot but continued shooting back to back after the funeral I shot the Chath Puja barefeet , I have yet to post the bulk of my pictures , that I entered Moharam phase I shto 6 Moharam in Mumbai and took the train to Hyderabad.

In Hyderabad I only rested on 9 Moharam as there is only one juloos in the night that I skipped my leg was swollen badly and I had to be fit to shoot Ashura both at Bargah and the long trek with Bibi Ka Alam plus I cut my head at Bargah too.

And so I documented Moharam in Hyderabad at Hussaini Koti Choti Bargah and did street shots in between.

I was missing my grand children in Lucknow , my wife was in Karbala , my third grand child Zinnia in Mumbai..

Tha the last straw was the 19 hour horrible return journey by bus to Mumbai from Hyderabad.

I had shot 15 or more 8 GB cards of my Moharam documentary and it continues into the nights .. slowly uploading the poetic soul of my angst.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube