Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Only Person Who Knows My Tryst With Photography Is Venay Parelkar



I met Venay by chance many years back, I was a student of Mr Shreekanth Malushte and we were called to an outing at National Park and Venay was there ,, and I could not get my cut BW roll to adjust to my camera , and I knew nothing about cameras I hate camera manuals , they are never consumer reading friendly .. we became friends and than I joined the Photographic Society of India as life member .. and here I learnt a lot under late Prof BW Jatkar Saab my second Guru and finally met my third final guru Mr KG Maheshwari.

Anyway as this is a blog all I can tell you Venay also teaches photography, he is inimitable , he will put the soul of photography in your sub consciousness ..he is versatile , very street savvy and sees pictures before the camera sees them.

I am lucky to have his guidance his wisdom and his friendship that I treasure with all my heart...he is shy reticent low profile and I hope he becomes the President of PSI he will change the rules of the game and add fresh breath and air to a depleted soul of a 75 year old organization..

Photography is a flower you share its fragrance you share its aromatic holistic touch .. I find all this missing from camera club culture you may disagree with me but I say what my camera eye sees when it sheds tears on the soul of the past masters Mr Mitter Bedi Bhardwaj Unwala and Sam Tata Ambalal J Patel and other doyens who gave their life soul to bring photography to the common man..

May the Soul of Photography Rest In Peace ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube