Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Shooting Ganesh Visarjan at Chinchpokli ... 2012

One of the reasons I stayed behind for Lalbagh Chya Raja at Chinchpokli , it is convenient to shoot here I had marked a standing place and the guys around me saw that no one usurped it and they were richly rewarded because when the guys on board the the Lalbagh Chya Raja float saw me threw me a couple of garlands a coconut I gave to these people that guarded me and my bag fiercely.

All the volunteers on the float know me as I have been shooting Lalbagh Chya Raja barefeet walking with them till Kumbharwada ..

And there are other Muslims too I have met who come to see Raja and it is not his religiosity but his over all contribution to peace hope harmony among all the denizens of Amchi Mumbai.

I have some fabulous memories of nice people I met on this journey and at Byculla slums the Wagri community recognized me as I was a Friday regular at Kamatipura flea market and Chor Bazar.

But my feet were in bad shape because of back to back barefeet walks during GSB Ganesha Visarjan and 7 Day Ganesha Visarjan at Juhu Beach.

You can imagine that when I came to the Pandal at 8 am I had one batawada water , and than at Ganesh Gully two batawadas and till Byculla I ate nothing drank nothing ..

I had my first cup rather two cups of tea at Byculla ..and this was my sustenance till the end of my aborted journey at Nagpada Police Station and I took a cab back home ...to Bandra .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube