Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Beggar Hijras Of India ..

249,002 items / 2,057,705 views

Wherever I go invariably I meet hijras I cant escape them, here the hijras who beg in trains were counting the lose change they earned which they exchange for hard notes from the stall.


When I shot this picture 2 frames they turned towards me and gave me two frontal shots .. and I was destined to shoot the anguish despair of the hijras of India .. I dont stalk them but I meet them on the crossroads of the journey of my life .. on my way back I met another one .. and nowadays as I have restricted viewing of my hijra pictures to to the public I dont have the urge to shoot them at all..

The Indian public is too juvenile insensitive apathetic in terms of understanding the hijra ethos for them the hijra will always remain an object to pleasure fuck and move on.. this is what I have gathered shooting the hijra community since 10 years now.

The Hijras are the Untouchables of India .. but are touched sexually all the the time ...

And my hijra blogs are beyond the Iron Curtain .. created by me ...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube