Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bombay Durgabari Samiti Durga Puja Tejpal Hall 2012

The oldest traditional simple humble homily evoking the ethos dreams of Bengal , nostalgic 83 year old Durga Puja under the auspices of Bombay Durgabari Smiti...Tejpal Hall Gowalia Tank..close to August Kranti Marg.

I was shooting this puja for the first time but Tejpal hall had some old memories for me I had acted in a play Alibaba and the 40 thieves directed by Dolly Rizvi.. I was a youngster that time.

I took due permission presenting my visiting card at the Information desk, showed them my Press Card .. and met Pradir Chatterji and his 80 year old father , they gave us the backdrop of the festival.

When we began shooting preparations were going on for the Sandhi puja that would begin at 12.17 am.

We were told not to shoot the puja and we left ,, with memories of ambivalence .. but happy we had shot the culture ethos hospitality of the Bengalis..

This is all part of my Durga Pandal set at Flickr.com under a larger set of 44000 images of Hinduism under Hope and Hindutva a Message of Peace Hope and Humanity shot by me in India .. as my Hindu Blogs promoting peace among all communities and Hindu Muslim amity .. as the forefront of my ancestral background of my Indian ethnicity.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube