Sunday, October 7, 2012

David Hazell ..At John Dixons Grave Aka Howling Dervesh



hazell david
9:53 PM (11 minutes ago)

to me
John's funeral was on Wednesday and I read the following version of Mary Elizabeth Frye's poem 'do not stand at my grave and weep.I am sure that our mischevious fun loving friend would have favoured this parody.


You can dance on my grave and cheer,
Dance away, I’ll still be here.
I’ll be the swimmer against the stream
Doing things, of which some only dream.
I’ll be the heckler in the crowd,
My booming voice will ring out loud.
Where things run smooth and complacency lurks,
I’ll be a spanner in the works.
I’ll let no misery hold sway.
I’ll blaze a rainbow, when skies are grey.
And I will be there when you turn off the light
To send you laughing, into the night.

Also, here is a poem which reflects discussions John and I had about your own work.

Firoze Shakir, is a healer of souls.
Capturing light in a style that enthrals.
Blazes of colour, gleaming and grand
Reflecting the majesty of his land.
Beauty and horror mingle as brothers
As claret and gold entwine like lovers.
He seizes the sadness in a smile.
He beautifies, what others revile.
Images that amaze the sight,
Dragging despair into glorious delight.
His heart is his lens, it shines as a Sun.
The gifted photographer,
Number One!

PS I tried to post this on your blog and flickerpage.
Many blessings
dave.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube