Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bengal Club Durgotsab Shivaji Park Dadar 2012


After I had shot the Notanpalli Durgotsab Bandra I came home I got a call from Facebook friend Sagar Bekal he had never shot a Durga pooja , I suggested Shivaji Park and bought him here ..I love this homely place and I still took permission to shoot the pictures .

After shooting here I decided to take Sagar to Durgabari Samiti Durgotsab Tejpal Hall Gowalia Tank as I have never shot any Puja site in SOBO.

About The Bengal Club from their website
The need for the main socio cultural activity of the Bengali Society –Bengal Club started the Sri Sri Durga Puja , initially on a rotation basis between Parel , Dadar and Shivaji Park. With the construction of the Club premises at Shivaji Park and increasing difficulty in locating suitable sites in Parel/Dadar, it was finally decided in the mid-fifties to celebrate the puja at the Bengal Club ground, Shivaji Park, on a permanent basis. Intially Shri Shri Durga Puja utsav were taken care under the name of Sarbojonin Durga Puja Committee under the auspices of Bengal Club until 2008. Since 2009 Sri Sri Durga Puja is organised under the banner of Bengal Club Durga Puja Committee under the auspices of Bengal Club.

Sometime in the 1980s, a member devotee of Sri Sri Kalimata dreamt of Kali Temple near the Ganesh temple at Shivaji Park . Under the auspices of Bengal Club Sri Sri Kalimata idol was put on ground next to the existing Club premises in 1980, which are attended by thousands of devotees every year.

Currently Club has various ambitious programmes under new dynamic president Dr. Utpal Mukhopadhya, Retd. IAS.

bengalclubmumbai.com/club-history

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube