Thursday, September 27, 2012

7 Day Ganpati Visarjan Juhu Beach 2012

This is my new set at Flickr.com shot barefeet , and I reached Juhu beach at 6.30 pm from the first Juhu lane , and the first thing I did was pay my respect to the Kal Bhairav Temple at Juhu Beach, and I always thought it was Kali Temple that I shot every year , during Ganesh Visarjan and Durga Visarjan.
The Maharaj of the Temple is very good friend he knows and respects me as a humanbeing and as a Muslim documenting his faith my cultural ethos too..
I shot a few pictures here and than moved towards the food stalls , it was not very crowded because most of the larger Ganeshas were coming after midnight , Hindus dont do visarjan on Tuesdays and Saturdays I was told that is how I shot the 6 day visarjan procession at Dharavi

I met Neville the life guard friend his team does a great job saving people from drowning .. they were the guys who saved a lot of lives during the intruding visits of MV Pavit and MV Wisdom. ships breached on Juhu Beach.

I shot both the ships extensively .. sometimes I get tired of shooting the streets beggars and hijras..

I shot the Juhu food shop owners Ganpati and the guy taking care of the guests devotees was a young Muslim worker .I was happy to see his enthusiasm and humanity ..I think a new world is possible where we can all live in peace in a garden where instead of money fruits of brotherhood grow on trees .. Sorry Respected Manji..Sir

I later went and sat for a while at the Juhu Beach Police chowky and returned home by 10.30 pm,, too tired and one of my lens is still troubling me so I might have to go again to the Canon Service center at Natraj Rustomjee Andheri.

And after this I will continue with GSB Seva Mandal Visarrjan balance pictures kept on hold.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube