Sunday, August 12, 2012

Moharam in Hyderabad 2004

These are pictures I shot during Ashura my first trip to Hyderabad 2004, here I was carrying a huge camera back , that Sajjad Hussain a Shia cop and a cousin of a friend Halu in Mumbai, helped me.

It was here I too scourged myself and this is the famous Bibi Ka Alam Juloos.

I never did get my negatives scanned as t was an expense I could not bear, so in this segment Scanned Memories , here at Flickr I expose you to a world , unposted pictures thanks to Dr Glenn Losack MD who presented me the Epson V500 Scanner thus making it possible to show you my world of pictorial quest...in photojournalism.

I shoot all religion, respecting all religiosities, I dont wear blinkers ,I shoot from the heart and I must add I have shot the best of Hinduism, and Christianity.

As a photo blogger I have tried to capture the seismic spirituality of the human soul.

As a Shia blogger I have refrained from being bogged in jingoism, or partiality, I am human first and I shot the human race in its religious euphoria.

I shoot the turbulence of the third gender bringing out their anxiety to survive and their angst in a hardcore macho world of pretense..

Scanning these old negs and slides is a tough job, cloning the marks of time and refreshingly bringing them here for all to see..

I am a street photographer and a pedestrian poet , I dont sell my pictures nor my words.


Here at Flickr where all my blogs originate I am on my 41330 blog in 15 months.

I have posted over 4000 blogs this month..September 2008.

I must be having close to 1500 negs and slide folders remaining to scan and blog...including mounted slides that I have lost count.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube