Thursday, August 2, 2012

7 Moharam Chennai- Ghame Hussain

238,797 items / 2,008,629 views


The Shias of Chennai are very closely knit and devoted community lovers of Ahle Bayt and followers of Hussain and Humanity.

Their hospitality even during a mourning time like Moharam is memorable , going out of their way to make their guest comfortable , and the guest was yours truly the barefeet blogger who had come to Chennai to document Ashura and also shot the 7 Moharam Juloos and Ag Ka Matam In Jigedevi a town in Tamilnadu thanks to my host Dr Abbas ..son of late Prof Ali Master a neminent Shia scholar and humanitarian.

The 1000 lights mosque and other places in Chennai are of great interest and Moharam is a moment of introspection a moment that is eternity the Shias call it Ghame Hussain.

And my pictures of Ashura in Chennai are restricted because of child kama matam , so if you register as Flickr member free with either your Yahoo or Gmail account you can see all of them an entire set.

I have the most beautiful memories of my stay in Chennai and Mir Meesaq and his friends helped me a lot to document the story of my Faith..

The Chennai Shias are very cool, peaceful highly educated lot, and even the other communities come out to support their cause and participate in their mourning for Hazrat Imam Hussain..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube