Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Muslim Beggar Boy of Bandra Bazar Road is Back After 5 Years

237,061 items / 1,988,168 views

sitting at the corner
of bandra bazar road
the muslim beggar boy
devoid of corrupting
human sights
nothing new to annoy
nothing old to deploy
just unending
road miles and miles
of darkness
in the life of a muslim
beggar boy
no cricket
no football
no watcing telivision
of the visionless
muslim beggar boy
a few coins
for his family
the hope
now turned to joy
no, god has been extremely kind
there is nothing else to destroy
perhaps he dreams
the world is a school room
eyeless education
the school bag the books
the uniform
growing up as a school boy
than he lets drop a tear
no he is only a muslim
beggar boy
bandra bazar road
his school bench
his kismet
just a decoy
child labor
blind apathy
in the life of
a muslim beggar boy

This boy has a calm ,absolutely serene face , no grouse, no anger, no remorse , no complain..
I am ashamed even to drop a few coins or touch his palms by mistake , but I pay his caretaker a bearded sad man, I never asked him about the anteceedents of the blind Muslim beggar boy .
of Bazar Road.
He always crosses my path.
Most of the time now I dont have a camera, these are old pictures shot on camera Raw Format..the stain on the wall tells his story better than me with an artillery of words , that riccochet hitting me harder as I shoot them towards you ,who will be reading this eventually.

update
7th july
i met his ward an old man who also begs with the kid, i do not see the boy with him, he told me some masjid people have admitted him to a juhu eye hospital for treatment of his blind eyes.. so that is one aspect of healing through pictures shot by kind eyes and not taken by camera...

update October 1 2007
His operation was successful but ater a few months bed rest he once again begs this time with dark glasses...

update
1July 2012
I shot him again , after many years , I stopped my rickhsha , he had 4 operations all failures he is still blind as a bat , he has grown , I shall post his new pictures too, I gave him money but will that cure his pain his darkness his blindness .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube