Friday, June 8, 2012

Marc Malang Shooting The Hijra Sandal Dance of Raveena Laxmi Narayan Tripathi and Kamini


All the beautiful hijras of Delhi took to the streets dancing towards the path that led to the Holy Shrine to place the Chaddar to the Holy Saint Khwajah Garib Nawaz..

This was a sandal of the Delhi hijras I was lucky to shoot and my feet burnt as I was barefeet..and this and I shot another card of 16 GB of the hijra fun and frivolity.

The crowds cause a stampede everyone wanting to shoot the pretty hijras on their mobile phones luckily Marc and I were the only two using DSLR cameras.

And these are the best pictures I have shot of the hijra community .. I did not shoot or go overboard I had limited memory cards so I shot selectively..because shooting the hijras is shooting a running stream of volatile human emotions.

I missed Nisha , Khushi Simran and Heena but I met new hijra faces , and Marc shot me and my hijra guru Laxmi Narayan Tripathi together when the hijras took a break from the sandal dance in a friends hotel room.

I missed Gopal haji Babita and their foster child Nandini a eunuch by birth.

As I spent a day in Pushkar and sometime climbing the Taragadh mountains to be with my Dam Madar Malang brothers I had very little time on hand to shoot hijras.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube